Job Title: Supervisor Airport Services
Reports to: Airport Services Manager
Department: Airport Services
- Provide leadership to handling Agents, Supervisors and others.
- To achieve consistently high quality services to flydubai customers, in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Support, motivate and mentor others, specifically new starters. Ensure ‘real time’ deployment of Dnata team members at designated area, and that they adhere to the Safety Policy and Security Standards of the Company
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS (MAXIMUM OF 10)
- Support, coach, develop and motivate all team members, and peers, to build morale and ensure excellent discipline and grooming standards. Be a Role Model for this.
- Support Dnata in the achievement of their accountabilities ensuring that they are fully briefed/debriefed in relation to their provision of superior customer service, and maintenance of standards, as per the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Display excellent motivational leadership, delegation and mentoring in-order to facilitate customer satisfaction. Strive with your team to avoid complaints and earn compliments. Be a Role Model for this.
- Support the flydubai team by ensuring reviews are conducted, or contributed to, for team members in accordance with corporate standards and within the stipulated time limit. Establish Development Plans for frontline staff. Be a Role Model for this.
- Encourage team members and peers to come-up with bright ideas and generate Service Improvement Feedback (SIF). Be a role model for this.
- Give good customer service.
- Examine and report operational problems such as delay etc.
- Reply to queries from other stations, Handling Agents and Govt. Authorities
- Report discrepancies in day to day activities and recommend solutions.
- Check post-flight documents, telex, prepare reports and check sheet for accounting purposes.
- Check and rectify errors by outstations
- Maintain staff discipline and ensure they all comply with Company regulations.
- Arrange extra manpower as and when necessary to handle delays or extra flights.
- Provide cover for role above when operational requirements demand this i.e. ‘Act Up’
- Keep current, and communicate to others, changes, processes and procedures/SOP’s
- Ensures that the passengers are assisted on arrival in a professional and timely manner for their mishandled baggage and that property irregularity reports are raised. This is achieved by informing the passengers later on by telephone or in person at regular intervals regarding the status of their missing bags.
- Support the whole baggage arrivals process ie., Baggage stores, PIR counter , Call Centre & Delivery Counter ensuring that staff resources are efficiently deployed to meet peak demand. Measures the performance of the staff, reporting any shortfall in service to Dnata shift supervision. Encourages the Dnata team to comply with the company’s standard procedures so that a high level of service is delivered to the passengers.
- Co-ordinates with Customer Affairs , flydubai Airport Services ( head Office & outstation ) and out- stations, Group Security and other Group departments, especially DNATA Airport Services concerning day to day problems and complaints pertaining to mishandled baggage, to ensure that solutions are found and implemented, in order to minimise flydubai’s financial expenditure relating to claims.
- Approves interim relief payments within the established baggage compensation policy, handles all operational and administrative matters including petty cash float and the cost effective use of transport to deliver bags to their respective owners within UAE.
- Ensures all unclaimed bags are updated in World Tracer System within 4 hours of the flight arrival and stored safely for delivery or dispatch against the claims following the security/customs regulations and procedures offlydubai.
- Monitors primary baggage tracing ( first 10 days ) in world tracer and ensures that all baggage tracing action is thoroughly conducted before handing over files to CBTO ( Central Baggage Tracing Office ) for secondary tracing so that the passenger claims inconvenienced is minimised.
- Highlights service and product flaws, adverse trends and arrival baggage (to baggage carousels) delivery performance, to Dnata baggage services manager so that service improvements can be initiated where required.
- Co-ordinate and monitors operational activities between different departments; flydubai and DN Baggage Services/DN Ramp Handling to ensure service delivery standards are met and appropriate action taken with regards to any abnormalities/discrepancies.
- To ensure that staff resources are efficiently deployed to meet peak demands. Measure performance of the Dnata staff by recording their performance, weaknesses and achievements. Encourage them to comply with the company’s standard procedures so that a high level of service is delivered to the customers.
- To identify system/operational/performance lapses in the service process and to work towards product improvement by highlighting/recommending corrective measures through the daily shift report to flydubai Management in order to maintain quality service to customers.
- To act as flydubai station Representative on a shift basis interacting with all concerned departments to try and meet the specific requirements and to ensure that all operational issues are dealt with and resolved without major disruptions to the operations.
- To monitor the baggage carousel and liaise with the Baggage Handling Systems team. This would involve monitoring baggage make-up units at the Departure hall with the aim of co-ordinating and ensuring efficient running of operations.
- To liaise with Network Control Centre/Transfer Desk/GTL’s in case of disruptions/re-routings/improper K-Edits’ in order to ensure that the bags travel on the same flight along with the passengers in order to maintain quality service to customers.
- Monitor aircraft stands and ensure proper equipment and manpower are provided by Dnata to perform proper handling as per laid down standards.
- To provide operational management with reports of any/all irregularities faced during the shift and to prepare written reports for the administrative management where such has been identified as requiring follow-up.
- O levels
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Command over spoken and written Arabic preferable
- Evidence of behavioural skills outlined on SASA G6 Behavioural Contract
- 5 years in customer service roles with at least 3 years in Airport Operations for a major airline or Dnata
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES (MAXIMUM OF 6)
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Customer Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Ability
- Organising for Results