Insurance Officer / Superintendent
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Secure and manage the aviation and non-avaition global risks and exposures of the Company through cost
- effective techniques of insurance, risk management and claims recovery.
- Formulate and recommend corporate policies on all matters relating to insurance.
- Identify and evaluate the Company’s system wide risks and exposures arising from aircraft, legal liabilities, political risks, assets, personnel, e-commerce and all other related exposures – with a view to securing the same.
- Negotiate and secure all contracts of insurance.
- Negotiate insurance provisions in all Contracts – with a view to securing the best interest of the Company with contracting parties concerned.
- Evaluate (in consultation with Legal) the impact of international legal conventions, protocols, national legislation, acts and statutes on the exposures of the Group – with a view to securing the same through cost effective insurance.
- Effectively investigation, control, and negotiate recovery of all claims with underwriters, brokers, surveyors, loss adjustors, solicitors, third party carriers.
- Formulate and regularly update departmental crisis management plan – with a view to ensuring pro-active involvement in the event of a major disaster involving Company assets or personnel.
- Business Graduate with additional legal or insurance qualifications
- Minimum 7 years experience in managing a global insurance portfolio for a medium to large Corporate – preferably an airline
- Initiative and Commitment to achieve.
- Attention to Detail and Quality.
- Organising for results.
- Influence and Negotiation.
- Effective communication.
- Business Awareness