Title: Technical Author
Reports to: Flight Operations Support Manager / Chief Pilot
Department: flydubai – Flight Operations
To act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on specialized platforms such as Electronic Flight Bag (EFB), using technical writer skills and flight operations expertise, to manage all Operational documentation and related processes.
To support the company in the following activities:
- Customization of the FCOM, in digital format, targeting enhanced HMI, using latest industry standard technology, framemaker and/or SGML and/or XML, in coordination with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM); Boeing.
- Preparation and validation of the Flight Crew Operating Manual (FCOM) content.
- Preparation and management of the editing and regulatory revision process for all controlled Operations manuals
- Liaison with the EFB administrator and EDL administrator to ensure compliance with published procedures
- Management of Service Bulletins (SB), Operational Engineering Bulletin (OEB) if required
- Compliance with processes detailed in the relevant Procedures Manual
- Coordinate and consult with relevant internal departments and external vendors to ensure accuracy and consistency of the product.
- Maintain a high level of content accuracy in operational documentation, using guidance from Flight and Ground Operations. Ongoing review of all company documents is crucial, which requires some working knowledge of specific aircraft systems.
- Support Flight Operations to track and action SB, TR, OEB and FCOM revisions including SOPs, so that they are prepared and released in a timely manner if and when required
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the following:
- Document management and control
- Authoring in accordance with latest standards and data formats such as SGML / XML and with the use of such tools as framemaker
- EFB Class 1, 2 and 3 e-docs applications, including CAT/DDM, as constrained by international (ARINC 665) compliance standards
- Prepare final work packages for implementation of FCOM revisions, in the following formats:
- Class 1 or Class 3 FCOM applications for Electronic Flight Bag (EFB),
- Digital/Electronic for flight crew remote reference (Crew CD / EDL system),
- Hard copy, where required by the GCAA.
- Assist Flight Operations Support Manager in definition and co-ordination of digital media distribution throughout Flydubai Flight Operations, including documentation for pilots, management and training. This includes the provision of electronic interface enhancements, constantly improving search functionality, cross referencing and updated hyperlinks between various references, researching available IT tools to facilitate end users, create and preserve personal notes on digital documents, and generally improve the user friendliness of the system.
- Act as a focal / Repository Manager for the Documentation Management System (DMS), and initially source such a system if not already available. This entails managing the production of Company documentation, providing technical assistance to the Ops Engineers and Technical Pilots to refine their inputs, so as to generate error free media builds (digital documentation) at the end of the process. This requires close coordination external software vendors (Boeing, EVOKE etc), where constrained by software technical issues.
Degree or A-level equivalent with requisite IT skills
- 1-3 years experience preferably in the airline industry
- Attention to detail and quality
- Technical understanding
- Team work
- High level organisation and time management
- Effective Communication