Insurance Officer / Superintendent
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
* Secure and manage the aviation and non-avaition global risks and exposures of the Company through cost
* effective techniques of insurance, risk management and claims recovery.
* Formulate and recommend corporate policies on all matters relating to insurance.
* Identify and evaluate the Company’s system wide risks and exposures arising from aircraft, legal liabilities, political risks, assets, personnel, e-commerce and all other related exposures – with a view to securing the same.
* Negotiate and secure all contracts of insurance.
* Negotiate insurance provisions in all Contracts – with a view to securing the best interest of the Company with contracting parties concerned.
* Evaluate (in consultation with Legal) the impact of international legal conventions, protocols, national legislation, acts and statutes on the exposures of the Group – with a view to securing the same through cost effective insurance.
* Effectively investigation, control, and negotiate recovery of all claims with underwriters, brokers, surveyors, loss adjustors, solicitors, third party carriers.
* Formulate and regularly update departmental crisis management plan – with a view to ensuring pro-active involvement in the event of a major disaster involving Company assets or personnel.
* Business Graduate with additional legal or insurance qualifications
* Minimum 7 years experience in managing a global insurance portfolio for a medium to large Corporate – preferably an airline
* Initiative and Commitment to achieve.
* Attention to Detail and Quality.
* Organising for results.
* Influence and Negotiation.
* Effective communication.
* Business Awareness
Last date to receive application is on 21 May 2009